SOFTWORKS IS NOW SPECIALIZED IT RESOURCE PARTNER OF MSH SIAPS PROJECT
SoftWorks has been working as a software vendor with USAID funded SPS program and then SIAPS project for 6+ years. During those time SoftWorks has developed, implemented and supported several pharmaceutical management information systems, dashboards and tools. SoftWorks was selected as 'Specialized IT Resource Partner' of SIAPS project starting from 2016, primarily to assist SIAPS in development of common information system platforms for collecting and sharing data, developing links/interoperability between systems and help MOH/local stakeholders build capacity to support information technology driven initiatives.
Subject to USAID funding priorities for SIAPS, potential technical assistance activities and tasks could include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop common information system platforms for collecting and sharing data on supply chain management, prescribing, dispensing, adherence and patient outcomes.
- Support SIAPS in developing approach, framework, and tools to establish common information platform integrating disparate pharmaceutical management information system.
- Support SIAPS in piloting the approach and tools in 1 country
- Develop links between information portals/dashboards and national/regional health information systems e.g. DHIS2
- Develop and support SIAPS developed information systems to support monitoring and evaluation indicators, and other reporting tool.
- Support SIAPS to update and modify M& E Dashboard; enhance data visualization and historical analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Support development of a SIAPS and global Pharmaceutical Management Governance and Indicator Dashboard.
- Support architecting systems that capture data effectively from pharmaceutical services delivery points.
- Help build MOH capacity to support and manage information portals/dashboards, dedicated data collection tools.
- Specific Tasks in Year 1 (October 1, 2015 – September 30, 2016)
- Softworks in close collaboration with SIAPS will perform the following tasks
- Analyze the processes for data capture and management of medicines, data flows and information needs
- Development of web based Pharmaceutical Services Dashboard for NDOH, South Africa
- Update and enhance the SIAPS Monitoring and Evaluation Dashboard, specifically for enhanced reporting and data visualizations
- Develop a website of ISAP PViMS Software Product.
- Update and enhance and optimize the WAHO dashboard, responding to specific requests.
- Development of SIAPS Global Pharmaceutical Management Indicators and Governance dashboard.
Specific Tasks in Year 2 (October 1, 2016 – September 22, 2017):
- Respond to change request, and user support.
- Develop and train super users, assists in knowledge transfer to local stakeholders
MSH HQ, South Africa, West Africa & South Sudan
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) has been awarded the USAID Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceuticals and Services (SIAPS) program, which will run from September 23rd 2011 to January 2017. The goal of SIAPS is to assure the availability of quality pharmaceutical products and effective pharmaceutical services to achieve desired health outcomes. In support to the implementation of SIAPS program, MSH is joined by five core partners and six specialized resource partners including VillageReach.