Intertek, UK conducts testing and certification services worldwide. Intertek has been using a software to manage the certifications for more than 20 years which is based on Paradox & Delphi, which needed complete redesign. SoftWorks was sub-contracted by TMA Systems, UK to redesign the LIMS software using Microsoft .NET technologies - .NET and SQL Server 2012 database. The main objective of the project is to allow LIMS to become more efficient with a faster database access to evaluate quickly -
- Transfer Programming Language from Delphi 2007 to Microsoft .NET C#;
- Convert Database from Paradox to SQL Server 2012;
- Main Features of IMS to be incorporated in new project;
- The revamp will use many of the current forms and flow. Only the utilities table will be migrated.
- The following will be improved or added-
- Login with unique passwords
- Management Security Levels
- To create PDF certificates
- Email options
- Major revamp of certificates which will mean moving away from excel templates and use up to 20 certificates templates/forms. The current methods of populating excel certificates template will remain.